Many Sides of One Coin...

After my regular title was taken--Life according to Me-- I decided to upgrade (if you will) my normal headline. LOL. After many many many requests to blog more regularly I am once again trying my hand at publicly writing my thoughts. I am going to make this blog not just my boring ramblings but also my creations. So with out much ado, My current projects:

I have been slowly working on this beautiful creation. Its a cotton broadcloth cream colored Regency dress. Made from Mrs. Chancey's beautiful patterns. A few more shots the next one is a close up of the front where it will button close (first time I ever made a placket!) The sleeves which will be short, will also have the same sort of embroidery on it. I am very pleased with the progress of this dress, though I am really taking my time on it. No rushing. That was my only requirement when I decided to make it.

And lastly the back. This dress was tacked together so that I could try it on. It is now once again in two main parts, the bodice and the skirt. Its gotten very busy lately with the onset of the Christmas season, so it will most likely be finished sometime in early 2009.


I am also working on some projects for my neices for Christmas. I am hopping to make the two oldest girls pjs for their American Girls dolls. This is only in addition to the PJs that I already got them for them. LOL (there is four nieces by the way) I was also thinking of making their dolls a scarf but we will see if I have time.

I just learned how to knit. Its a different sort of skill that is for sure, I already know how to Crochet, Embrodiery, and Sew. The only thing I'm not good at is Quilting. LOL So check back and I'll post some pictures of my most recent projects. I am also going to learn how to use the looms for Knitting. I'm told it goes much faster, so we shall see.

For Now, Thanks for Checking my blog out.

As always, Miss Eliza

Comments

M'lady said…
Looks pretty. Especially with the embroidery.

Popular posts from this blog

Edwardian Hat Tutorial...

Edwardian Hat Tutorial Part 2